- Category: University Placement
- Client: Big Pixel Creative
As part of my university degree in Interactive Multimedia Design, I was required to use my 3rd year as a working placement year.
When I was first accepted to my placement post, the company was called Co-Net. After a few months, this then changed to Big Pixel Creative. I was lucky enough to be involved in this transition between picking a business name and logo to packing boxes and moving location.
I feel like my time in placement was critical to where I am today. It is where I learnt all aspects of web design - from talking to clients, to research and design, right through to development.
It was in my placement year that I realised that I was more design and user focused as opposed to development.
I learnt many skills in my time there such as:
- Creating website designs
- Producing sample sites for approval
- Meeting with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- Keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
- Creating products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- Digital retouching and image editing using Adobe Photoshop
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team